CCISTC Transcending Ideas
2022 Global Essay Competition
"剑桥科文中心卓越理念 "全球论文竞赛由剑桥科文中心与世界各地的区域合作伙伴共同发起 。任何国家的学生都可以参加该竞赛。
• Is impact investing a fad?
• Should all companies be required to create positive impacts for society and the natural environment?
• Is credit scoring fair?
• Can Big Data and AI help manage financial risks?
• What do animals remember about the past?
• Comparative cognition is concerned with the similarities and differences between humans and other animals. What are the critical comparisons in comparative cognition?
• What is the most urgent global challenge (e.g. international peace, computer security, climate change, biodiversity protection, economic development/poverty) and what national or international laws would be recommend be made to address this issue?
• Why are women and men so different in the front of human disease? Please choose and discuss three possible mechanisms.
• Does the food we eat matter just for us, or for our future descendants as well? How would that work? Please think of three alternative routes.
• Is preserving life in medicine at all costs justified?
• Is it justified to use animals in medical research?
• What is learning for a computer?
• Is artificial intelligence a threat to human kind?
• Why are mathematicians so passionate about 'necessary' and 'sufficient'?
• Why do we love conserved quantities, such as Energy, and why do they exist?
• Can computers go green?
• Could computers design buildings without any human input?
• Why is manufacturing important in fighting against climate change?
• Chose an industry, and write about how would climate change affect this industry?
• Which national or global leader, part or present, do you admire most and why?